oddball n : a person with an unusual or odd personality [syn: eccentric, eccentric person, flake, geek]
EtymologyFrom odd + ball
- Dutch: kwast
Oddball, Oddballs, or Odd Ball may refer to:
In other fields:
- Oddball, a type of trivia question featured in the boardgame Brain Chain, where players must pick the one item (the oddball) that does not share a common characteristic with the other three items presented.
- Oddballs, UK comedy troupe.
- Oddballs, 1993 collection of short stories by children’s author William Sleator.
- Unidentified Flying Oddball, Disney’s movie adaptation of Mark Twain’s A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court
- Oddball, a segment of weird news on the MSNBC show Countdown with Keith Olbermann.
- Oddballs, a 1984 Canadian sex comedy film.
- Oddball is a multiplayer gametype in the Halo series of video games by Bungie Studios.
- Oddball (comics), a Marvel supervillain.
abnormal, absurd, alien, anomalous, anomaly, bizarre, black sheep, blemish, case, character, crackpot, crank, crankish, cranky, crosspatch, crotchety, curious, deviant, deviative, different, divergent, dotty, duck, eccentric, erratic, exceptional, fanatic, fey, flake, flaky, foreign body, foreign intruder, freak, freaked out, freakish, freaky, funny, hermit, hobo, idiocratic, idiosyncratic, impurity, individualist, inner-directed person, intruder, irregular, kinky, kook, kooky, lone wolf, loner, maggoty, maverick, meshuggenah, misfit, monkey wrench, mote, natural, naysayer, nonconformist, nut, nutty, odd, odd fellow, oddity, off, off the wall, original, out, outlandish, outsider, pariah, passing strange, peculiar, quaint, queer, queer duck, queer fish, queer specimen, quirky, quiz, rara avis, recluse, screwball, screwy, singular, sliver, solitary, speck, splinter, spook, sport, stone, strange, strange duck, tramp, twisted, type, unconventional, unearthly, unnatural, wacky, weed, weird, weirdo, whimsical, wondrous strange, zealot, zombie